[PLUG] Weird microSD failure

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:23:47 UTC 2018

I do not believe that SD cards respond to pure raw block writes from dd.
Not unless the stream looks like files.

I run into the same discovery some time ago. If I remember correctly, dd
didn't overwrite the content even with random data. It could behave
different for different firmware, but I tried a few with the same result.

Tomas