[PLUG] Clinic on Sunday

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sat Mar 17 23:56:17 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> assuming
> I'm finally successful, what happens when I get home where my own
> router will give them different IP addresses based on their Mac
> addresses?

This depends on how you handle authentication. If you base it on the IP
address of the system, as I seem to recall you did with your Synology
device, you'll have to modify the IP for your home network. If it uses a
username/password type auth, it'll continue to work regardless of each
system's IP address.

I'm surprised you struggle with sshfs. I've used it a lot with great
success. I've been.... somewhat less successful with nfs, but I'll still
try to help get it working if that is your preference.

-wes