[PLUG] Command to find applications dependent on named library

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 22 00:54:35 UTC 2018

   The ldd command lists the libraryies required by a named application. I
want to know the command that lists installed applications dependent on a
named library.

   I think this thread appeared on this mail list a while ago but my web
searches fail to find it or other resources with the answer.

   Specifically, I want to determine which applications installed on this
host require wxGTK+2 and which require wxGTK+3. I know that audacity
requires wxGTK+3, but not what other applications do. And I've no idea which
applications are dependent upon wxGTK+2.

   A clue stick or two will be quite helpful.

TIA,