[PLUG] Can't see files in Virtualbox shared device

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 25 13:04:07 UTC 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018, elcaseti . wrote:

> Another option that might work for you, is to use OpenStreetMap map data on
> your Garmins.  There is no charge for updating.  It's something that's been
> on my todo list for a while, but I haven't tried it, yet.  Also, there is
> at least one person who sells (or did so in the past) SD cards ready to use
> with OpenStreetMap on Garmin.  "
> https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/4592/basic-guide-to-download-osm-to-garmin-gps

   That's a thought.

   What I've learned about the Garmin maps over the years is that only newly
built streets are not to be found, and very rarely do I go to these places
in Portland, which is the only 'large' city in which I use the GPS receiver.

   The original map is great for finding addresses in cities outside the
Willamette Valley.

Thanks for the pointer,