[PLUG] Mediasonic failure?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Mon Mar 26 22:10:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:06:48 +0000
Jason Barnett <jason.barnett71 at gmail.com> dijo:

>You can check PCH cables in Hillsboro, for the eSATA cables.
>https://pchcables.ecomm-search.com/

PCH Cables is a long way for me, but after calling every other place
that might have an eSATA to eSATA cable and coming up empty I went
there and bought the longest they had (1.5m). When I got home I plugged
it into the Mediasonic and my laptop and eventually it mounted itself
and I am back in business.

What remains is to figure out what went wrong with the USB3.0
connection. It has to be either the cable or the USB port on the
Mediasonic. I plugged the cable into USB ports all over my laptop and
desktop and I got not connection on any of them, so it's not the
USB port on the computer

I think the Mediasonic is still under warranty. I'd like to figure out
if it's the cable or the connector on the Mediasonic. Is there any
simple way to test a cable? (And note that it won't plug into just
anything because of the strange plug on one end.)