[PLUG] Wifi device too far away

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Mar 31 17:58:19 UTC 2018

I have a Toshiba Flashair SD card that has to live in a device in my
bedroom. My computers are too far away to connect to it, although I can
connect to it with my phone when it is in the same room, so I know the
Flashair is working. The problem is that you can't get a very big
antenna in an SD card.

The house is wired for ethernet and there is a jack in the bedroom.
When my phone is in the bedroom it can connect to the wifi from my
D-Link DIR-860L, although the signal is not great. I need to get data
from the Flashair daily, but the amount is tiny, so speed is not an
issue.

Bearing in mind that I am a networking dummy, what would be the
simplest/cheapest solution? Might Free Geek be a place to get a device
that would solve my problem?