[PLUG] Dell Optiplex 360 BIOS update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 5 00:30:06 UTC 2018

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, King Beowulf wrote:

> IIRC, many DELL BIOS had an option that disabled USB boot hidden under "on
> board devices - usb" or some such.
>
> Also, seem to recall that you could also tell the BIOS the internal
> floppy is USB, then it will boot from a USB stick that is emulating a
> DOS floppy.

Ed,

   The system shows both internal floppy/usb and external usb. Both are
marked 'not installed' and I've not found a place to change that the
external usb to 'installed.'

   If you'll have time this weekend I can bring the box over to your house
since you've more experience with these hardware issues than have I. Perhaps
together we can get the BIOS upgraded and make the external usb the first or
second boot device choice.

Regards,