[PLUG] The end of Mint KDE edition

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 10 22:08:00 UTC 2018

On Thu, 10 May 2018, elcaseti wrote:

> In order to replace Mint KDE, I'm testing various disros that include KDE
> plasma 5, or Plasma 4, or Trinity Desktop Environment. TDE is the fork of
> KDE3, much like Mate is the fork of Gnome2.

   Slackware comes with KDE as well as Xfce4. Pat Volkerding has always
peferred KDE to Gnome so the former was the default desktop. I've no idea
what KDE flavor is included with Slackware-14.2 because I use Xfce4, but I
install KDE because other applications use them and they don't consume an
unreasonable amount of hard drive space.

   Perhaps Slackware's KDE flavor will suit your appetite.