[PLUG] Ubuntu MATE 18.04 frustrations

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri May 18 16:11:20 UTC 2018

While I haven't been using MythTV for a couple of years, I still follow
their mailing list. Others have commented on issues with Ubuntu 18.04,
though not MATE specifically. Here's one of the comments:

Ubuntu do not enable upgrades from 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS until
18.04.1 is released.  That allows them to work out any bugs in the
upgrade process and make sure 18.04 is stable.  So even if you are
doing a new install instead of upgrading, I think it would be a good
idea to wait for 18.04.1.

I'm not doing an upgrade, but it's instructive to see that there might
be issues with the initial release. I think I'll put off working on this
until after the point release comes out.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens