[PLUG] Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Root full...

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:34:13 UTC 2018

Folks.
I went to do an update when it tried to upgrade things the whole thing
abended
with a batch of lines indicating that "root was almost full". I went to
look at it and
found the the directory had to be accessed as administrator, when I looked
into it
I did not see anything of large size. The root directory is 9.1G in size,
if I look at
it with gpartd it is shown as almost full. But I cannot find the offending
file(s).

I did a google on root full and it's variants (I have only seen this one on
Mate 18.04,
on 16.04 it never showed up). I am trying to figure out how to recover from
the bad
update as it will not even boot now.

One other thing which maybe related to this, the last log files are from
May?!?!

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.