[PLUG] Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Root full...

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 03:40:03 UTC 2018

I went in and was able to boot to the previous image. The recovery offered
to remove all
unneeded files, then did the update. I was able to restart it. For
some reason it reported
that root was full, but (I double checked this) it was saying "root". There
is a "root " directory
in the boot directory, it is normally only accessed by root I do a chmod to
it to get into it, then
I change it back once done. There is not much in there. So seems the real
issue is boot.

I have purged out all old images, but seems that boot should not come near
filling up a
9.1G directory, at least to me. I see a lot of stuff but not sure what. I
think I am going to
increase the size of boot so that this doesn't happen again again. I
generally try to keep no
more than 2 older kernels.