[PLUG] Wanted: handheld data collection device with Linux OS

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sun Nov 11 14:34:45 UTC 2018

I'm looking for a current production Linux handheld data collection
device {aka PDA} similar in form and function to a Palm Pilot
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PalmPilot).

A major justification of Linux OS is to allow custom software.

Specification:
   be currently available from U.S. retail vendor.
   have a physical form factor similar to a Palm Pilot
   should have provision for using a USB/Bluetooth connected keyboard.
   be able to read/write a USB flash drive (preferably FAT32 or ext2).
   *no* cell network connectivity .
   must *NOT* be shipped with Android OS

Yes, this thread resembles one from a year ago.
I'm renewing by search first done a decade ago.
I kick myself for not having purchased a Palm Pilot back in the day.

My web searches have turned up "we're working on it" type answers and
crowdfunding appeals.

Any suggestions other than putting up with a smartphone?
TIA