[PLUG] rsync: worked once now perms error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 13 13:54:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, wes wrote:

> You said "rather than ssh" - did you test ssh again after you started
> getting this error? What command and parameters do you use to make the ssh
> connection?

wes,

   When rsync failed to connect Sunday I used 'ssh -vv ...' to test since
adding the verbose switches to rsync did not provide useful output.

   Yesterday I tried rsync again; same failure.

   Today I will re-generate the public/private key pair (same pass phrase),
copy the new public key to the old desktop's authorized_keys and expect that
to resolve the issue.

   Perhaps there is no way to determine why rsync failed after spending a lot
of time moving 89G across the cat5 cable. If a new key pair works perhaps it
will keep working.

Regards,