[PLUG] Neo900

Tyrell Jentink tyrell at jentink.net
Wed Nov 14 01:45:30 UTC 2018

Not to fuel the conspiracy theorists... But that's not SUPPOSED to be
true...

E911 is SUPPOSED to REQUIRE cell phone carriers to support ALL devices
CAPABLE of connecting to their network to make 911 calls, regardless of if
that device actually has an active plan.

So... Any device with a modem SHOULD connect to SOMETHING, even if it has
no SIM.

Now... I keep saying "Should" because that's what the Wikipedia page says
it's supposed to do... But I entirely lack certainty that the modem is
actually complete, and therefore capable of connecting, without a SIM...
And I sure as hell don't have the courage to dial 911 without a sim card to
find out.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018, 17:35 Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com