[PLUG] HOWTO: Spelling Russell's name.

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Nov 18 01:54:02 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 01:37:47PM -0800, Russell Senior wrote:
> By way of preface, I am not directing this at anyone in particular,

And the last name is spelled Señor, yes?  In vim, you can
type the diacritical tilde in the eñe with ctrl-k / n / ~

Lofstrom has been spelled Loffstrom, Lastrum, even
Lostroni.  Kieth is common as well.

I suggest you all get out your checkbooks and practice
writing "Keith Lofstrom" on the "Pay to the order of" line.
You can also practice your numeral writing skills in the
little box after the $ symbol.  See how many numerals you
can fit in there.  Describe the numerals you used on the
next line.

Sign your work, and send it to me, so I can show off your
calligraphic talents to my friends at the bank.  :-)

Keith

PS - some folks write cents with superscript.  I've tried
to explain exponents to my friends at the bank, but so far
I have not succeeded.  $2⁹⁹ enables much.  On the other
hand, $0⁹⁹ is a big fat nothing.

PPS - "⁹" is superscript in my text-based email client.

PPPS - fun fact: 2⁹⁹ $1 bills, one gram each, would weigh
106 times as much as the Earth, and 10% more than Saturn.
No sudden withdrawals, please.

PPPPS - 3⁹⁹ $1 bills weighs 30 times as much as the Milky
Way galaxy.  If you put them all in your wallet, it would
collapse into a supermassive black hole.  Like my wallet.

PPPPPS - can someone drag this even further off topic?

Keith Lofstrom          Keithl at keithl.com