[PLUG] how to distribute binary

VY vyau5678 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:18:09 UTC 2018

Dear All

I am facing an issue and want to get some ideas how to move forward.

I have developed a Python script, and there are some PyQt within as I built
a very simple UI.   I used Cython to convert it to C and compile it to
binary
(dynamic linking).  It works if and only if the right version of all
libraries are installed
on the deployed machine.  That's obvious since I am doing dynamic linking.
I then tried do link statically but just could not get past the issue of
libc.   It seems
one of the things I linked needed some special version of libc, beyond the
libc I have
already linked statically.

Given the issues that I face, I like to ask the group what's the best
approach
to compile and distribute a binary program across different flavors of
Linux?

thanks

-v