[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 25 22:24:52 UTC 2018

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:

> dick at ENU-1:~$ sudo dd if=~/Desktop/slackware64-14.2-install-dvd.iso
> of=/dev/sdc
> dd: failed to open '/dev/sdc': No medium found
> dick at ENU-1:~$
>
> What am I missing this time?

   I will go out on a limb and suggest you mount the usb drive on /mnt/hd
(assuming that's not being used for something else at the time.)

   When I mount a device and want to know how the kernel sees it I use 'tail
-f /var/log/messages'[1] before I plug in the USB device. The kernel tells us
what drive it sees; likely /dev/sdc in your case.

Rich
[1] Where your distribution posts kernel messages may differ; perhaps
/var/log/syslog.