[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 25 23:24:43 UTC 2018

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm creating a 4.4G .iso from the distribution dvd. Will send you the URL
> when uploaded. Use xcdroast (or ubuntu equivalent) to burn it on a dvd.
> Then install slackware from that.

Dick,

   Well, I created the file using
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/rshepard/slackware-14.2-64.iso
but there's a problem uploading it to fileconvoy.com. I've not had any
issues uploading files before; perhaps it's the size (4.7G) which takes a
while at 5 mbits/sec upload speed. I'll contact them tomorrow. In the
meantime have a coffee and relax.

   I know that the DVD works; I upgraded 4 hosts and installed new (several
times) on 2 hosts. I'll post the URL when I get it up there.

Regards,