[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

Tomas K tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:33:27 UTC 2018

Beware - this is intended to be funny, but factual post, I cannot help
it! This post is based on my speculation, not factual observation.

Difficulties with creating bootable disk, especially when using GUIs,
are often caused by a defective mouse operator. When USB is plugged in,
 GUI tends to show some nice colorful, and often movin image. That
proves irresistible to the mouse operator and they must to click on
that shiny colorful thing.

The act of mousing that USB GUI thing typically makes GUI to mount the
thing and displaying something to make the operator happy. Like a
candy.

When that USB thingy is mounted, naturally, attempts to dd stuff to it
typically fails - because it is mounted. Using other methods to make
said bootable USB also fail for the same reason - operator mounted it
with his mouse.

To conclude - either do not mess about by clicking on the inserted USB
GUI things - before trying to write a bootable image to that USB - OR
use some mouse fu tricks to unmout every bit of said USB thingy before
attempting to write bootable image to it.

Hope it hits the spot, based on actual live experience,
Tomas