[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Nov 26 19:43:17 UTC 2018

On 11/26/18 5:49 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   When you again have time for it, go to /etc/slackpkg/ and edit the
> mirrors
> file to uncomment either the ftp or https address for
> slackware.osuosl.org.
> Then, from the command line as root run 'slackpkg update' and 'slackpkg
> upgrade-all'.

Done.

I switched from KDE to xfce to try it out. Then I started looking into
how to install the programs I use. First I started up Firefox. I checked
the box that makes Firefox my default browser. The mouse adn track point
stopped responding, and the screen has gone blank. <ctrl><alt><F1>
doesn't do anything. It appears that the system is hung.

Ideas?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens