[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:29:28 UTC 2018

On 11/28/18 7:59 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 11/27/18 11:03 PM, King Beowulf wrote:
---snip---

> Thanks. I have a little time this morning, and will continue working on
> getting things to look like I'd like, and making sure stuff works. I've
> got some stuff I want to move to this laptop from its old hard drive, so
> I'll see how it likes doing that. And I'll also be getting to know KDE
> better.
>
> Then I'll be ready to work on getting wireless working.
>
> Thanks for all the help and advice. I'm sure I'll be thanking you for
> more in the future.
>
> slackpkg upgrade-all is still running, so I'll report back on the
> success with Firefox after breakfast.

Glad to help.  Ben got busy otherwise he would have continued to assist.
 I was working from home for a bit so "procrastinated".  After 20+ yrs
with Slackware I still may not know the answers, but I have learned
where to go look!

When upgrade-all is done, there is a kernel update, so make sure you
check /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo (as root) to load up the new one to
able to boot.  If you created an initrd (with mkinitrd) then you will
need a new one.

Have Fun!
Ed