[PLUG] Slackware Install, 2nd try

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:38:28 UTC 2018

On 11/28/18 8:59 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 11/28/18 7:59 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> slackpkg upgrade-all is still running, so I'll report back on the
>> success with Firefox after breakfast.
>
> Slackpkg finished and Firefox works as expected.
>
> Now on to making the computer look like I want it to.

 Sweet!

One more thing when you get to wifi with networkmanager: it doesn't play
well with dhcpd, the slackware default.  edit

/etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/00-dhcp-client.conf  to use dhclient:

[main]
# Choose a DHCP client below.  Upstream recommends dhclient, but results
may vary.
# dhcpcd is the DHCP client usually used by Slackware:
#dhcp=dhcpcd
# dhclient is the ISC reference DHCP client, part of the dhcp package:
dhcp=dhclient
# This is a simple DHCP client that is built into NetworkManager:
#dhcp=internal

other wise you'll get into a connect-disconnent loop.  Since
networkmanager wants to control all network interfaces, edit

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf

to clear out

USE_DHCP[0]=""

This is not absolutely necessary but make its easier to toggle between
wired and wireless without networkmanger freaking out.

...and I'm procrastinating again.

Have Fun!
Ed