[PLUG] GPLv2 verses Oracle java license...

michael at robinson-west.com michael at robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 24 22:17:44 UTC 2018

Oracle has a weird license for Java 11 SE. I'm wondering what the state of openjdk is and if I can use that in Windows 7?

What is the difference between JDK 11.0.1 Oracle license and JDK 11.0.1 GPL v2 with an exclusion clause?

I am writing a financial calculator for a company that sells insurance, so I need to pay attention to licensing.

I prefer to implement this license wise in a Linux friendly/ReactOS friendly manner. One never knows if ReactOS stabilizes whether or not
this company will stick with Microsoft Windows 7.