[PLUG] Eclipse...

michael at robinson-west.com michael at robinson-west.com
Thu Oct 25 21:33:20 UTC 2018

To do Java development I'm thinking Eclipse is the way to go. Eclipse comes with an unfamiliar license though that is unique to Eclipse.
Also unfamiliar, the JDK licensing scheme has changed substantially and I'm uncertain if JDK 11 works with the latest Eclipse, though I
did get Hello World! program working using JDK 11. I'm getting errors concerning the NEWS service in Eclipse. I'm using the September 2018
version of Eclipse from the Eclipse foundation on Windows 7 running under VirtualBox.

'Polling news feeds' has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during: "Polling news feeds".
javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext

Anyone recognize the above error and know how to address it?

I have to stick with Win 7 as that is what I am developing to.