[PLUG] Online copies of textinfo content available?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Fri Oct 26 15:48:50 UTC 2018

*Are online copies of textinfo content available?*

Many man pages end with:
> The full documentation for Ed is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info > and XYZ programs are properly installed at your site, the command
>
>     info XYZ
>
> should give you access to the complete manual.

I have problems with that.
1. *I don't want to install unneeded packages just to find out*
    *whether or not the package _might_ be useful.*
2. The info output has an annoying format. A browser acceptable format
    {plain text fine --  HTML *NOT* needed} is MUCH more functional.

I posted this question to debian-user at lists.debian.org .
The replies totally ignored my primary question and reason I asked
[emphasized in this copy].

Side question:
Could I have made any clearer what information I was looking for?
TIA