[PLUG] Installing VirtualBox on Linux Mint 19

Roderick Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:19:03 UTC 2018

Dick,

I haven't followed this thread so I may be completely off base.

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you might look at KVM or Wine.

Several HAMs and Linux users succeeded getting a Window only HAM radio
logging program running on Linux.  I had tried several times before but
ran into too many problems.  A little over a month ago using Linux Mint
19 we got the program running under Wine on both 64bit and 32bit processors.

The trick was installing Wind, Winetricks and wine32 on the 64bit Linux
Mint system.  The Jet drivers were only 32bit.  It could also be that
Wine had matured since my previous attempts a year or so ago.

I mention KVM because our Windows guru (well he makes his money working
on Windows machines) used KVM to install Linux Mint 19 32bit on his
Debian 64bit laptop.  I think he said you can do the same with Windows.

73, \\||/
Rod - K7ZBE