[PLUG] Firefox is a pig

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sat Sep 1 20:25:48 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Bill Barry <bill at billbarry.org> wrote:

> It would be really nice if there were a suspend button for each
> browser tab. That way you could pause it completely but keep it open and
> unpause it when you need it.

Chrome runs each tab in a separate process, and comes with its own task
manager to let you see which resources are being used up by each open tab.
You can kill the process, and just refresh the page when you're ready to
come back to it.

You can theoretically use shift+esc to open it, but a lot of web pages try
to do things with keyboard shortcuts and that seems to break it. It
consistently works on a New Tab page for me. You can also find it under the
Settings menu (3 dots in the upper right corner), then under More Tools.

This is the only reason I use Chrome. If Firefox had this, I would probably
use that instead.

-wes