[PLUG] kdesu question

logical american website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:05:00 UTC 2018

I recently upgraded from v42.3 of opensuse leap to the newer v15.0,
however under Plasma desktop, the kdesu command is hanging, thus trying
to bring up programs such as yast2 which requires root permissions fails.

I did go through the opensuse blog on this problem, but all the
suggested fixes haven't solved my problem yet.

How can I troubleshoot this annoying problem?

I can bring up the graphical yast2 by 2 commands: "su" and then "yast2"
once in at superuser privileges, however from user level typing "kdesu
yast2" fails and hangs up after the password is entered on that input
line in the pop-up box.

- Randall