[PLUG] Favorite Certificate Authorities

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:24:08 UTC 2018

I can confirm both of Louis' comments:

- you can run it daily and it doesn't abuse their server or change the
certificate until <30 days remain.  That's the setup I use daily in cron,
but shown here from the command line:

# letsencrypt renew
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/www.q42.me.conf
Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/supportfolio.com.conf

The following certs are not due for renewal yet:
  /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.q42.me/fullchain.pem (skipped)
  /etc/letsencrypt/live/supportfolio.com/fullchain.pem (skipped)
No renewals were attempted.

- my server had the problem that it didn't trigger a webserver restart
until I updated the cron script to also restart apache.