[PLUG] Hardware recommendations

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Mon Sep 10 01:22:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 12:01 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2018, Bill Barry wrote:
>
> > Will it but from a live CD?
>
> Bill,
>
>    It will boot from the Slackware distribution DVD, and from the installed
> files only if I enter the BIOS setup during boot and explicitly point to
> the
> bootable drive. That drive is set to be the one to use in two places in the
> BIOS: main page and advanced setup, but ... it still needs manual
> manipulation each time. That's not right.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich
>
> Rich,
 Does it remember any configuration setting? I.e. if you change some random
BIOS setting, turn it off, turn it on and go back to the BIOS and see if
that is still set. If no memory and not a battery problem then there is
some bad connection from the battery to the motherboard, or maybe you left
the reset jumper on the motherboard in the wrong position.