[PLUG] Comcast/Xfinity experiences?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 13 01:45:39 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> I was Comcast customer - the initial rate only lasted until the renewal -
> then they increased my rate 2-3x without any notice or warning. So, I
> ended out of pocket by significant amount.
>
> I was unable to negotiate nor to get out of the contract in any reasonable
> ways. It was very upsetting experience. The company was behaving
> unethically with anger and retaliated with cutting my internet connection
> in the middle of the billing term.
>
> I ended up with CenturyLink for about the same intro rate. I expect the
> same headache at the end of CL contract term.
>
> I cannot recommend Comcast, especially on price and customer behavior.
> Their service was otherwise fine while it lasted. Horrible company.

Tomas,

   I told the two Comcasters that I was quite happy with Frontier and all
they said in response was how much lower their price was for faster download
speeds. I told them that 1) I don't need faster speeds as I go to another
virtual workspace and do something else when downloading large data files
and 2) I've been with Verizon/Frontier long enough to know they don't raise
their rates unless they do so for everyone in their monopoly area and get
the PUC to agree to the rate increase.

   The lack of hassle and continuity for my business is worth the extra
monthly price.