[PLUG] WHAT is the question? Re: To wiki ...

Tyrell Jentink tyrell at jentink.net
Thu Sep 13 13:32:16 UTC 2018

>  When/Why use a wiki for for what?  What question are you asking? Why do
> you
> > want to use a wiki? What do you want do with it?
> >

> Thought I answered that [...]

No, you did not...

> It could have read:
> > "My underlying problem is OS independent. However, I seek a Linux
> oriented solution.

No problem statement... Just a statement that a problem exists...

> My language of choice does have a wiki.

No identification of what the language is, or if you mean (Your language of
choice supports BEING a Wiki) or (Your language of choice can WRITE to a
Wiki) or (Your language of choice can READ from a wiki) or (Your language
of choice is DOCUMENTED in a wiki)? Remember, wiki is just a software... so
Do you see how each of those is a radically different question?

HOWEVER, anyone can modify anything at any time
> > without immediate checks/balances."

So... You blindly distrust all of them, regardless of the former answer...
So what am I answering again?

> For detailed questions I participate in ~40 mailing lists and USENET
> groups. [snip] >
> > I mention wikis as I look for background. Wikipedia is well written but
> to broadly aimed.
> > Arch wiki is well written and easily navigated but is narrowly focused.

So... You are looking for a community, not a wiki... Although, that
community might have a wiki, in which case you can decide for yourself if
you trust it.

We cant point you at a community unless you tell us more about what you are
looking for... A question you have not even remotely approached answering.