[PLUG] What Comes After Unix?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Sep 13 17:26:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, Tyrell Jentink wrote:

> Fair enough; I read a quote a few days ago, but can't find it again
> to properly cite... It was in reference to If Plan 9 Is Truly
> Better, Why Linux? And it was to the effect of "The biggest risk to
> Great software is Good Enough software," and that may be true...

Answer me this: who gets to define "great" in this context?

Chances are you'll find yourself vacillating between egocentrism (I or
my close acquaintances), elitism (experts I trust), or populism (the
market or broader society).

Think carefully before you make your choice.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W