[PLUG] Testing HDMI connection

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Sep 15 21:56:37 UTC 2018

I have an HDMI cable, with the same connector on each end, which
connects the HDMI output from the back of a desktop computer to the
HDMI input on an old monitor. The computer and the cable are relatively
new, but the connection is intermittent. In the past wiggling the
connector on the computer seemed to work, but just now I had to re-seat
the connector on the monitor to restore the connection.

Obviously it could be the cable or the connectors on the computer and
the monitor that could be at fault. Is there a way to test which it is?