[PLUG] Testing HDMI connection

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Sep 15 23:08:57 UTC 2018

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 15:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>   What's your experience using DVI 'twixt computer and monitor?

That's what I used to use between this monitor and my old desktop.
Worked for years, never a problem. However, the new computer has only
HDMI and DisplayPort outputs. The monitor has VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs.

I wouldn't mind replacing the monitor, as it is many years old and is
already displaying some wonky stuff when it starts up. It may last for
another year or two, or it might fail tomorrow. Plus, it is 1920x1080
and I'd kind of like a 2K monitor. And the computer is the new desktop
that I recently put together, and the video (on the motherboard) will
do 2K. If its connector is where the problem lies I will be sorely
vexed.