[PLUG] I hadn't heard this before

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Sep 17 21:45:58 UTC 2018

Fwiw, I went reading through a sample of his corpus on the linux kernel
mailing list (there is an archive of the lkml in, naturally, git
repositories available at lore.kernel.org, dating from circa 1998). I
looked at a sample from circa 1998-2000-ish and then early this year.  I
would encourage those judging him to read a sample for themselves.  In the
sample I looked at of several dozens of his messages, I saw two that were
moderately edgy, mostly complaining about patches where people were, in his
view, imposing a burden on others (in code complexity or prominence) to
satisfy their own local needs, and those two were prominent established
people. The overall impression I got was that his messages tend to include
detailed reasons why he didn't like something, and/or an educational
description of how it ought to be instead.

Again, I encourage people who would judge to read for themselves.