[PLUG] question on system

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:53:08 UTC 2018

When looking at the requirements 200-500 users - I cannot imagine any
practically useful scenario without single sign on solution al least across
the web services and centralized group/access control.

With 200-500 users there would be fair amount of user and access management
workload. This needs to be distributed to data owners/managers/leaders.

That is beside the already mentioned associated storage, backup, security
and disaster recovery management.

There are other companies beside G-company providing these kind of services
or enterprise level support. Some examples: Kolab, Nextcloud, Collabora,

Regardless of solution chosen - someone has to manage it full time. Given
the number of users - it is critical - hence it needs more than one
individual to cover for vacation/sickness/disasters/etc.

Just adding to the list of consideration. Do look up the services mentioned
above though. They work like G-company, but they are OSS, and the platforms
are deployable and manageable by individuals - so the lock-in is not as
strong as with proprietary services.

Tomas