[PLUG] Hard disc activity light in software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 30 19:14:09 UTC 2018

   The case for my new desktop does not have a hard drive activity light.
Why, I've no idea. The motherboard has a place for it (two very narrow
sockets on the end of thin wires). While I suppose it might be possible to
find a suitable LED and leads, a software solution that shows on the monitor
would work, too.

   My web searches find a few such tools for Windows, but I've found none for
linux. Does anyone know of such a tool that can sit in a small window on
each virtual desktop?