[PLUG] Audio goes away

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 05:10:32 UTC 2019

Folks, I thought I had a bad component on the mobo, but testing seems to be
sending me
in the direction of some software issue. I am running Mate 18.04 I check
for updates auto-
magically, though I do not let the machine do auto-updates so I can make
sure all is good.

At some point the machine started loosing the audio, A reboot would bring
it back for the
rest of the day but sometime during the night it would go away again. I
thought  I had a bad
component but the other day I ran Ubuntu 18.04 off of a stick on this
machine and the audio
was just fine. I let it go over night, still good audio. so it looks like
something is going on
software wise but I am not sure where to go after it, one thing I noticed
is there is poping
and crackling in the audio output, like something is trying to do something
but no joy.

If I reboot the machine I get the audio back until the next day, so
something is happening
with the audio app.

I am trying to figure out how to troubleshoot this one.  Any ideas?

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.