[PLUG] Resizing images with imagemagick

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:03:52 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:09 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> I have several hundred .jpg images that are all saved at the camera's
> maximum resolution. I can use imagemagick's convert tool with the -resize
> option because I want the reduced images to be 768px high x 576px wide.
>
> However, without looking at each image in The GIMP I've no way of knowing
> which need rotating so they are all in the same orientation. I'm not
> familiar enough with imagemagic to know if there's another option that will
> rotate as necessary. Anyone here know this?
>
> It'll take human intervention, to look at each individual image and decide
whether to rotate it.  Happily, it's not too onerous to do this in
imagemagick, using the 'display' command.

# This will bring up the first jpg in the directory as the start of a
slideshow.
display *.jpg &

Then you can hit the space bar to cycle through the images.
'/' or '\' will rotate the image that you're looking at, and Ctrl-S will
save it.