[PLUG] help with /proc/cpuinfo

VY vyau5678 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 00:40:28 UTC 2019

Dear All

I need some help with reading the output of /proc/cpuinfo.

We have several machines and they are all supposedly identical Intel Xeon
machines. 4 CPUs each and identical Linux version.
One of the machines are reporting VERY high load consistently.
They are all running identical applications and I don't see any difference
in load.

However, when I look at /proc/cpuinfo, this "very high load" box is saying:

   apicid : 25

  initial apicid : 25

All the other machines are reporting 4 for this number.

Does it matter what this number say?  I looked online but cannot quite tell
whether it matters or not.

thanks

-v