[PLUG] Linux-compatible borescope, yay!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Aug 7 03:08:30 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 05:53:59PM -0700, Michael Barnes wrote:
> You can find Android Endoscopes on Amazon for <$20. As they work with
> Android, they may likely work with Linux as well. However, your Android
> phone is probably much more portable.

If one of you buys and tries a $20 Android endoscope with
a stand-alone private Linux computer (X86, Arduino, etc.)
using open-source software and drivers (Debian, Redhat,
BSD, etc.), I would love to learn about your results.

Some of these use wifi connections; I'd at least want a
hardwired USB cable connection.

I got rid of my Android.  I do not like being re-programmed,
rather than ME modifying my own hardware and software.

Keith L.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com