[PLUG] Setting emacs frame size

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 7 17:56:28 UTC 2019

In ~/.emacs on the desktop with the 19" wide screen are these two stanzas:

(setq initial-frame-alist '(
     (minibuffer . t)
     (width . 110)
     (height . 53)
                            )
)

(setq default-frame-alist '(
     (minibuffer . t)
     (width . 110)
     (height . 53)
     (border-color . "red")
                            )

which I thought set the size of the window/frame when I invoke emacs.
However, the actual size is 144x44 which is okay on that monitor. And, the
~/.emacs file does not contain the digits 144.

On the desktop with the square 19" monitor the initial and default frame
sizes are set to 95x50, but emacs still displays at 114x44.

Is there a different place within ~/.emacs where the application size should
be set?

Regards,