[PLUG] [Retitled for clarity] File sharing over a two node LAN

Tyrell Jentink tyrell at jentink.net
Mon Aug 12 20:03:12 UTC 2019

I would argue that Morse code also has something resembling a Client and a
Server... One client, maybe Carson City, NV says "Chicago, I have Nevada's
State Constitution, can you forward to Washington, DC?" Chicago's telegraph
operator cries a small tear, then starts copying. Carson City is the client
and Chicago is the server. Then, Chicago says "Hey, Washington, DC... Hope
your sitting down, here comes the longest telegram in history..." And then
Chicago is the client, and Washington DC is the server. Then that telegraph
Operator sends his copy over to President Lincoln, and Nevada becomes a
state.

I'm really not sure in which way one EVER gets away from one node being a
server and another being a client...