[PLUG] [Retitled for clarity] File sharing over a two node LAN

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Mon Aug 12 21:50:01 UTC 2019

> >> It's not a complexity issue so much as suitable topology.
> >> A 2-node LAN has to be as close as possible to a peer2peer network.
> >> I keep being referred to tools suitable for a client/server model
> >> capable of handling a massive multiplicity of nodes.
> >>
> >> I've been a computer *consumer* since ~1961. Became much more involved
> >> with system details when introduced to Debian 6.
> >
> > Simply nfs share the systems disks with each other in a softmount
> > situation (need softmounts/backgroundmounts to prevent deadly embrace
> > during boot(s))
> >
> > You may even want to -maproot=root.
> >
> > man exports
> > and anything in that man pages SEE ALSO section.
> >

> https://manpages.debian.org/buster/nfs-kernel-server/exports.5.en.html
> *EXPLICITLY* refers to a *SERVER*
>
> My post declared SERVER/CLIENT  relationships are [expletives deleted ;]

Then I say your in /dev/null land, your simply NOT
going to find anything that does not mention client
or server AND does mention the types of things your
looking for.

If it uses a network it is very likely to say someplace
server or client, even though often these words are used
incorrectly or not of correct normative form.

One side must initiate the connection or start the
information flow, in networking that is almost always
going to be refered to as the client, and the entity
it decides to contact is almost always going to
be called a server.

Now, rather than having us be your google engine....
And rather than scream that our answers did not meet your criteria...

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org