[PLUG] Nautilus can't see freenas...

David dafr+plug at dafr.us
Mon Aug 19 21:23:10 UTC 2019

On 8/19/19 1:31 PM, Michael C Robinson wrote:
> I am on a CentOS 7 system running gnome 3, fully updated.  I want
> clicking on Windows Network in Nautilus to show my freenas 11.2 U6
> server.  My smb.conf on the CentOS 7 box follows:

<-- removed smb.conf -->

> Please note that I am trying to use the CentOS 7 host as a client to the
> freenas server.  I'm trying specifically to use Nautilus and browse to
> the freenas server.
>
> [mrobinson at eagle ~]$ nmblookup freenas
> 192.168.254.18 freenas<00>
> [mrobinson at eagle ~]$
>
> I can do a smb://freenas manually, but I want clicking on Windows
> Network to work properly.

How are you configuring the mount for this? In order to use Nautilus or
other tools, the OS has to know how to find the share.

I do something similar with autofs in my home network, and it works
fine. You can set up something similar, or use /etc/fstab strictly to
mount on boot and leave it attached all the time.

david