[PLUG] Firefox or security problems

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Aug 22 03:39:23 UTC 2019

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:13:15 -0700
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>The "problem loading page" usually has more info on it, or a "Details"
>button or link. Yours has none of this?

Ah, I didn't wait long enough. Eventually the page displays an error
message. Here is one of them:

	Corrupted Content Error
	The site at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en#inbox has
	experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be
	repaired.
	The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an
	error in the data transmission was detected.
	Please contact the website owners to inform them of this
	problem.

Here is the error for pdxlinux.org:

	The address wasn’t understood
	Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of
	the following protocols (htttp) isn’t associated with any
	program or is not allowed in this context.
	You might need to install other software to open this
	address.

>What if you try Private Browsing? Use ctrl-shift-P to open such a tab,
>let us know if that works or not.

No difference, same problem.