[PLUG] VLC Media Player -- jump to specific time

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu Aug 29 02:24:14 UTC 2019

A version or two back, VLC Media Player would actually jump to a time
specified in the Jump to box, (or right arrow, or ctl-right arrow, etc.)
But now, the jump doesn't actually happen until one switches from pause
to play. I'm transcribing a file that has time codes in the video. I
need to type the time code that happens at each minute in the recording.
While I can jump ahead minute by minute, I can't see what the time code
is until I hit play. But then I lose the frame counter. (HH:MM:SS:FF
where FF runs from 01 to 24).

Does anyone know how to get the frame to display without hitting play?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a video player that will do that?

TIA.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens