[PLUG] Google Earth crashes: a revisited thread

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 3 00:44:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019, Ben Koenig wrote:

> You have to isolate the problem.

No! Really? </sarcasm>

> Do you see the problem on distros other than Slackware (debian/centos etc)
> ?
> If Yes:
> - The problem is isolated to the application
> if No:
> - The problem is isolated to Slackware

I've run Google Earth since it first came out, on Slackware since 2003 (8.1
through 14.2). Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts; desktops and portables. The
problem is related specifically to Slackware-14.2/x86_64 on this specific
host. Other 64-bit hosts (and the 32-bit desktop and Dell Latitude 2100)
have never experienced this problem.

Ergo, since the hardware (CPU, motherboard) on the new desktop is the only
difference the crashing when zooming (manually or by entered location) must
be somewhere in the intersection of the hardware and OS sets.

Which is why I asked for suggestions on finding that intersection.