[PLUG] Router configuration: connecting laptop

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Dec 6 20:38:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM Louis Kowolowski <louisk at cryptomonkeys.org>
wrote:

> If you’re getting “file too large”, its probably the client complaining,
> not the server.

One would reasonably think that, but no. This was output in the server log.
Literally "file to large" (grammar error included).

When I’ve had that in the past, its because legacy firmware made
> assumptions about file size and there was some intermediate firmware that
> fixed it, allowing you to move forward.

Note that we're not even uploading a firmware file at this stage; we are
merely booting a temporary OS which will then be used to update the
router's actual firmware. This is the way the edgerouter people want us to
do it.

> You may also be able to use a different protocol to copy the file. Many
> modern devices will allow http(s)/scp/ftp/tftp.

I did not find any mention of the edgerouter boot ROM supporting this. If
you can find evidence of it, please share.

-wes